Academic Support Program
Academic Support Program
Individuals with Autism and other related disabilities tend to have maladaptive behavior that impedes their educational development. Here at The Olive Branch, we recognize the difficulties that these individuals have in academic settings, so we are proud and thrilled to offer an academic support program for our school-aged clients. We work within approved schools as well as having a virtual academy.
Utilizing the Virtual Academy (VA), a program powered by K12, we are able to provide a classroom environment for learners that need the extra help. By using this program, not only does the child receive everything that they will need for their courses, but they will also receive a courtesy laptop and printer at no cost, if requested. Here are a few other perks of using the VA program:
- Virtual Academy/K12 is a fully accredited program that is accepted by any school district.
- The ability to assign a “learning coach” for the student, an individual that will mentor the student through the courses, quizzes, tests, and live classes. This individual can be the guardian or a trusted adult. While at the clinic, the therapist that works with the student will act as the learning coach.
- A customized curriculum that is determined by the child’s grade level and standardized testing and may be further customized and adjusted by the use of an IEP or 504 plan.
- A simple yet intuitive website where the child has one login to complete schoolwork and another login for parents to observe school progress and make changes to student’s schedule to incorporate vacation days, sick days, and adjust the number of lessons their child has per day.
- A flexible balance between independent courses where the child can demonstrate their knowledge and live classes where they will be with other students receiving help and instructions by WYVA teachers.
- A team of educators from VA that stay in contact with guardians, learning coaches, and the School Administrator from The Olive Branch to keep open communication about the student’s progress and share ideas on how to better help them.
With the help from our K12/School Coordinator, the Registered Behavior Technicians (RBTs) that works with our students and act as their learning coach will provide one-on-one therapy as they navigate the school day. This collaboration of ABA therapy, individualized curriculum, and one-on-one interaction aid in the reduction of maladaptive behavior during academics and promotes positive behavior in its place.
The goal of our ABA academic support program is to give the student the tools necessary to integrate back into the general classroom while furthering their academic achievements. If you have any questions about this program or feel that your child would benefit from this ambitious program, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com and we can set up a time to discuss the many options available!